Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Tell a friend or colleague

I may work in a remote New Hampshire community (Hanover), but I meet a new person who wants to help with this project each day. Usually it starts with a call or email from someone I've never met before, who was referred to the project by someone I know or someone who's on an anonymous group email list with me.

What we are doing for 13 days in December is simple. We are walking streets of Gentilly neighborhoods, designating the recovery level of each property by color and then putting it on the Internet so people in distant places will know what's really happening locally.

It's time to get beyond the stereotypes of what's happening in New Orleans. Everything's not normal there. Yet, everything's not completely devasted either. It depends on where you are, and there's much more to rebuilding the city than the French Quarter and the Lower Ninth. I believe we need to focus on other areas too, if the whole city is to be vibrant again and less vulunerable than it was before. (No, I'm not from New Orleans)

Come to Gentilly. Invite others to come with you. Share the news that we are gathering in Gentilly starting Friday December 8. For 13 days, we will act so that others near and far from Gentilly can see what local progress is, and what it is not.

2 Comments:

Blogger Quintus Jett said...

Actually we have two projects going on December 8-20.

1. Volunteers are mapping Gentilly

2. Volunteers are helping address the productivity of two local health-care clinics, under the guidance of a process consultant who is volunteering his time.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Quintus Jett said...

I was more soft spoken about this than I intend. IMPROVE the productivity of two local clinics.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home